Documents associated with the current release of Xyce are available as individual files, below.
- Release Notes (PDF)
- Users’ Guide (PDF)
- For a list of known errors, please see the Users' Guide Errata page.
- Reference Guide (PDF)
- For a list of known errors, please see the Reference Guide Errata page.
- Building Guide (instructions for building Xyce from the source code)
- Mathematical Formulation (PDF)
- Using Open Source Schematic Capture Tools With Xyce (PDF)
- Power Grid Modeling with Xyce (PDF)
- Compressed archive of example netlists for power grid modeling.
- Running the Xyce Regression Test Suite
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Xyce/ADMS Users' Guide
- Tutorial: Adding a new compact model to Xyce
All the documents can be downloaded as a single, compressed archive at Xyce_Docs-6.9.tar.gz.
Documents associated with previous releases are available through the Downloads page.
A Google Groups page is available as a forum for members of the Xyce community to ask questions and discuss any topic related to Xyce, including installation, use and development. The Sandia Xyce developers are active participants in the forum, but the Google Groups site exists as an independent entity from the official Xyce home page at Sandia National Laboratories. The views and opinions in the Xyce Google Group are not those of Sandia Corporation, the operator of Sandia National Laboratories, nor are they endorsed by Sandia Corporation. The views and opinions in the Xyce Google Group are provided without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
In 2012, a class on the use of Xyce was presented to an audience of electrical designers at Sandia National Laboratories. A recording of that class can be viewed in Part 1 and Part 2:
- Using the Xyce Parallel Electronic Simulator, Part 1
- Using the Xyce Parallel Electronic Simulator, Part 2
Instructions on adding a new device model to Xyce using Verilog-A are available on the Tutorial page.